European life science researchers can be confused by what bioinformatics training is available and has direct relevance to their work and career. ELIXIR captures training opportunities in TeSS, a website that makes training easier to discover and, with international partners, is addressing the current shortages of trainers, training events and training materials.
ELIXIR seeks to fill training gaps left by transformative technologies in medicine and the life sciences, including how big data is generated, analysed and interpreted. Most life science professionals will need to be upskilled to take advantage of the exponential growth of bioinformatics tools and data.
What the Training Platform does
- Provides researchers with information about the bioinformatics training courses and materials available in Europe, and where they can be found. It does this through the Training eSupport System (TeSS) portal. The TeSS portal also allows you to:
- Create your own training packages
- Browse training providers
- Use a workflow diagram to visualise learning steps
- Develops and delivers both e-Learning and Face-2-Face training to researchers, developers and infrastructure operators and trainers. This training is in topics identified as gaps within the ELIXIR community and in the ELIXIR use cases.
- Provides and coordinates training to transform scientists into effective users of the data, tools, standards and compute infrastructure provided by ELIXIR.
- Increases the number of trainers (training capacity building) with a dedicated Train the Trainer programme.
- Develops good practice guidelines and a training evaluation system in collaboration with GOBLET.
- The Training Platform is participating in the following Implementation Studies:
Find out more
- Browse the TeSS portal to find training courses and training material available around Europe.
- Browse the Events page of this site for training events and workshops.
- Find out how ELIXIR Training is organised, including who your local Training Coordinators are.
- Training Platform pages on the intranet (you must be logged in).