This free ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum on Data Driven Innovation in Industrial Biotechnology in Frankfurt is open to both large and small companies and aims to inform about ELIXIR resources and create a space to network for industry and academia.
In this lunch-to-lunch event, attendees will be immersed in a world of data-driven innovation, illustrated through talks. With a mix of high-level keynote speakers and interactive sessions, this event will allow you to discuss and interact with other companies and ELIXIR partners. A specific session with Flash Talks, will give new companies the chance to introduce their work to a broad audience.
This event programme is organised in cooperation with de.NBI, ELIXIR Europe, and DECHEMA and is free and open to all companies in Germany and beyond.
- Big Data Challenges and Opportunities
- Data driven Biotechnology in Germany and Europe
- Services offered by de.NBI and ELIXIR
- Flash Talks from companies showcasing their products
- Alf Puehler, Head of de.NBI
- Bertram Weiss, Head of Bioinformatics Bayer AG
- Elizabeth Reynolds, Founder & Director General Bioinformatics
- Klaus Mauch, Board member of DECHEMA/CEO of Insilico Biotechnology AG
- Catherine Sirven, Scientist, Bayer Crop Science France
- Martin Eisenacher, Medical Bioinformatics, Ruhr University Bochum
- Uwe Scholz, Institute for Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research Gatersleben
This event is aimed at companies active in industrial biotechnology, bio-data, software companies working with data and tools in life sciences and all research institutes active in the field of data science in all life science domains.
In addition to coffee breaks and lunches, you are invited to attend the dedicated networking buffet dinner on 15 October.
"Being able to hear from both innovative SMEs at the same time as bigger players in a specific market makes the ELIXIR SME Forum a great place to get a sense of the coming trends and challenges in a particular Life Science industry sector" — Abel Ureta Vidal, Eagle Genomics, UK
"The ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum was a great opportunity for us to better understand how ELIXIR is targeting the entire life sciences community, including the commercial field, from small companies to global corporations. We experienced an open-minded atmosphere with the synergies of the public and the private sector always brought into focus" — Jörg Peplies, Ribocon, Germany
Stay up-to-date with industry relevant news by subscribing to our quarterly ELIXIR industry newsletter