This free ELIXIR Innovation event is focused on the discoverability of bioinformatics resources that help speed up advancements in the life sciences. The forum is open to both large and small companies. In this lunch-to-lunch event, attendees will be immersed in a world of data-driven innovation, illustrated through talks by innovative companies and presentations of ELIXIR’s open data resources and services. With a mix of high-level keynote speakers and interactive sessions, this event will allow you to discuss and interact with other companies and ELIXIR partners.
What is on the programme?
A large number of sessions including:
- Interactive sessions to present “Challenges in FAIR principles implementation”, “Challenges in tools development” and “Challenges in standards in the life sciences”. In these sessions you will hear from ELIXIR experts, innovative companies and you will have the opportunity to interact with the speakers.
- “Flash-talk” session: 5-minute talks for companies to present their activities and proposals for collaboration.
For whom? This event is aimed at companies active in bio-data, software companies working with data and tools in life sciences and all research institutes active in the field of data science in all life science domains.
Meet and greet: In addition to coffee breaks and lunches, you are also invited to attend the dedicated networking reception and buffet dinner on Tuesday 23 January.
Testimonials (of companies attending previous ELIXIR Innovation and SME events)
Being able to hear from both innovative SMEs at the same time as bigger players in a specific market makes the ELIXIR SME Forum a great place to get a sense of the coming trends and challenges in a particular Life Science industry sector — Abel Ureta Vidal, Eagle Genomics, UK
The ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum was a great opportunity for us to better understand how ELIXIR is targeting the entire life sciences community, including the commercial field, from small companies to global corporations. We experienced an open-minded atmosphere with the synergies of the public and the private sector always brought into focus — Jörg Peplies, Ribocon, Germany
The Innovation and SME Forum was an excellent opportunity for me to find out more about the free tools and services open to my company, and I have built collaborations that I can take back to my company — Morten Danielsen, MS-Omics, Denmark
- Phillipe Sanseau (Glaxo Smith Kline - Lead)
- Kees van Bochove (The Hyve)
- Ian P Barrett (AstraZeneca)
- Giuliano Maciocci (eLife)
- Misha Kapushesky (GeneStack)
- Carole Goble (ELIXIR UK)
- Liz Reynolds (General BioInformatics)