This ELIXIR Innovation event is focused on Rare Diseases and Personalised Medicine. In this lunch-to-lunch event, attendees will be immersed in a world of data-driven innovation, illustrated through talks by innovative companies and presentations of ELIXIR’s open data resources and services. With a mix of high-level keynote speakers and interactive sessions, the free event to will allow you to discuss and interact with other companies and ELIXIR partners.
What is on the programme?
A large number of sessions including:
- Interactive sessions to present data resources in rare disease research and innovative companies already using those resources
- Resources available through ELIXIR: Orphanet (Marc Hanauer and Ana Rath), RD-Connect (Rachel Thompson), European Genome Phenome Archive -EGA and ELIXIR’s Human Genomics activities (Susheel Varma), ELIXIR’s Rare Disease Use Case (Sergi Beltran)
- Companies: Euretos (Arie Baak), Ontoforce (Bérénice Wulbrecht), Yposkesi (Alain Lamproye)
- “Meet the expert session” where several experts will discuss with attendees in 10 minutes slots about "Challenges for SMEs in rare disease innovation" , "Public private partnerships", "Eagle Genomics, UK (Challenges in SMEs research)", "RD Connect RD Connect (Standardised genome-phenome analysis)", "How to foster Innovation from academic Rare Diseases Research", "Training opportunities in ELIXIR", "Cloud Computing at ELIXIR France" . Book a slot here
- “Flash-talk” session: 5-minute talks for companies to present their activities.
For whom? This event is aimed at companies active in rare diseases and personalised medicine, software companies working with data and tools in life-sciences and all research institutes active in the field of data and health.
Meet and greet: In addition to coffee breaks and lunches, you can also attend the dedicated networking reception and buffet dinner on Wednesday 14 November.
Testimonials (of companies attending previous ELIXIR Innovation and SME events)
With Intomics we derive value from integrating various public bioinformatics resources and providing commercial services on top. The ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum gave us the opportunity to learn more about these public resources and to interact directly with those running them so they understand our needs better. Annette Vibeke Uldall, Intomics
I made good connections, and expect to start several new translational bioinformatics projects as the result of the meeting. John Castle, Senior Director, Bioinformatics, 4-Antibody AG & Agenus
Registration has been closed. For additional registration please contact dana.cernoskova[at]elixir-europe[dot]org
- Jean Francoise Deleuze (Scientific Director of the Fondation Jean Dausset-CEPH / Director of the Centre National de Génotypage (CNG-IG-CEA)
- Mathieu Boudes, (eRARE)
- Gunnar Rätsch (Head of Biomedical Informatics Group ETH Zurich)
- Gabriella Rustici (Bioinformatics Training Manager - University of Cambridge / ELIXIR UK Deputy head of Node)
- Alain Lamproye (President, Yposkesi / CEO, Genethon)
- Ana Rath (Director, Orphanet)