ELIXIR Luxembourg – a data hub for Translational Medicine
ELIXIR-LU, the Luxembourgish Node, focuses on long-term sustainability of tools and data for Translational Medicine.
Translational Medicine data integrate clinical information with molecular and cellular data for a better understanding of diseases. They bridge the gap between the molecular level, findings from the laboratory, and the clinical observations and applications.
ELIXIR-LU aims to facilitate long-term access to those research data and to tools for scientists in both academia and industry. This will allow the reuse of previously generated translational data to address new research questions and dramatically save time and cost.
To provide solutions ELIXIR-LU is developing the following services:
Repository for high quality Translational Medicine data
- Integration of well-curated clinical and molecular data from cohorts and large consortia.
High-performance data access and computing services
- Sustainable access management according to well-defined criteria and in line with security requirements of ELIXIR Europe and the research community.
- Platforms and tools to allow efficient data access and analysis.
Support and user training
- Implementation of standardised electronic data capture, data harmonisation and curation.
- Workshops and courses on data management, curation, analytics and visualisation.
- Continuous education of software developers, data managers and researchers.
ELIXIR-LU is operated by the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) of the University of Luxembourg. The Node team is embedded in the LCSB Bioinformatics Core.
- Head of Node: Reinhard Schneider
- Technical Coordinators: Venkata Satagopam and Christophe Trefois (Deputy)
- Training Coordinators: Roland Krause and Wei Gu (Deputy)