ELIXIR's second five year programme is guiding the implementation of ELIXIR until 2023.
The five strategic objectives of the 2019–2023 Programme
- ELIXIR will operate a portfolio of integrated services that meet the data needs of life scientists at a European scale
- ELIXIR Communities will drive service uptake, support standards development, and connect ELIXIR’s experts in life science disciplines
- ELIXIR Core Data Resources will be the global standard for bioinformatics resource management and the foundation for an international funding and life cycle management strategy that secures the long-term sustainability of those resources
- ELIXIR will be the recognised and trusted life science foundation of the European Open Science Cloud
- All ELIXIR Nodes will connect life science users in academia and industry to our open, federated service network