The upcoming de.NBI cloud will provide a suitable analytics infrastructure for bioinformatics. It will consist of computing power and storage capacity as well as flexible workflows and analysis tools.
The de.NBI cloud is a collaboration project between the universities of Bielefeld, Freiburg, Gießen, Heidelberg and Tübingen. de.NBI follows a cloud federation concept where the five de.NBI sites will be integrated into a single platform which will provide interoperability and portability. This cloud infrastructure for life scientists in Germany will comprise more than 15,000 compute cores and 5 PB of storage capacity.
The 'German Network for Bioinformatics Infrastructure' (de.NBI) is a national network supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, providing comprehensive, high-quality bioinformatics services to users in life sciences research and biomedicine.
de.NBI Cloud Coordinators
- Alex Goesmann (alexander.goesmann[at]computational.bio.uni-giessen[dot]de)
- Björn Grüning (bjoern.gruening[at]gmail[dot]com)
- Oliver Kohlbacher (oliver.kohlbacher[at]uni-tuebingen[dot]de)
- Christian Lawerenz (c.lawerenz[at]dkfz-heidelberg[dot]de)
- Alexander Sczyrba (asczyrba[at]cebitec.uni-bielefeld[dot]de)