This week ELIXIR has published its Industry Strategy, which is a comprehensive overview of the current and future actions to stimulate innovation and ensure industry uptake of ELIXIR’s services.
The five objectives of the strategy are to:
- Increase industry usage of ELIXIR resources and ensure the name is synonymous with quality
- Enable Open innovation by Europe’s SMEs
- Build effective partnerships with key industry stakeholders and initiatives
- Ensure effective communication between industry and ELIXIR
- Support the bioinformatics training needs of industry
Each objective will be met by a set of actions, carried out by ELIXIR partners. The strategy itself will be reviewed annually against metrics and updated regularly to include new activities. The ELIXIR Hub will appoint a dedicated officer to support industry engagement and manage the strategy, funded through the ELIXIR-EXCELERATE grant.