The scientific direction of ELIXIR is guided by the ELIXIR Scientific Programme - a strategic document that lays out priorities and objectives for a given five-year programming cycle. The first ELIXIR Scientific Programme covers years 2014-2018 and contains eight strategic objectives.
The second Scientific Programme will set forth the objectives for 2019-2013; the development of this document starts in autumn 2017.
As a strategic document to set forth the future direction of ELIXIR, it has to reflect the priorities and activities of ELIXIR Members and at the same time meet the highest scientific and technical standards. The development will be driven by the ELIXIR Heads of Node Committee, with regular consultation with the ELIXIR Scientific Advisory Board. The final document will then be presented to the ELIXIR Board, the highest decision-making body of ELIXIR.
Full timeline for the development of the Scientific Programme is available below (click for larger picture).
For more information, contact Susanna Repo, ELIXIR Programme Manager at susanna.repo[at]elixir-europe[dot]org.
Related news, milestones and upcoming events
- 31 August 2018: The near final version of the Scientific Programme was submitted to the Heads of Node in preparation for the Heads of Node meeting in Athens on 13 September 2018.
- 2 July 2018: ELIXIR Board was presented the third draft of the 2019-2023 Scientific Programme at the extraordinary ELIXIR Board meeting in Barcelona, Spain.
- 6-7 June 2018: ELIXIR Heads of Nodes discussed the draft ELIXIR 2019-23 Programme at their meeting in Berlin, Germany, and prioritised tasks in the programme.
- 24-25 April 2018: the draft ELIXIR 2019-23 Programme was discussed at the 2018 Spring session of the ELIXIR Board in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 9 April 2018: the draft ELIXIR 2019-23 Programme was submitted to the ELIXIR Board for discussion at the 2018 Spring session of the ELIXIR Board in Tel Aviv.
- 12-28 February 2018: First draft of the Programme shared with ELIXIR Community for feedback. Members of ELIXIR can view the document (you must log in first).
- 1-2 February 2018: The ELIXIR SAB reviewed the first draft of the Programme and provided useful feedback to ELIXIR Platforms, Communities and the ELIXIR Heads of Nodes.
- 21 November 2017: The first draft of ELIXIR 2019-23 Programme has been shared with the Heads of Nodes for initial feedback. This feedback will guide the finalisation of the first draft which will in January be shared with the ELIXIR SAB.
- 14 November 2017: ELIXIR Board Meeting, 13-14 November 2017, Paris. The Programme vision will be presented to the Board for the first time.
- 29 September 2017: ELIXIR to establish new Use Cases for proteomics, metabolomics and Galaxy.