WP leaders: Nils P. Willassen (NO) and Rob Finn (EMBL-EBI)
To expand the potential of metagenomics for the research community and biotech industry, especially within the marine domain, the metagenomics methodologies need to overcome a number of challenges related to standardization, development of relevant databases and bioinformatics tools.
The Use Case “Marine metagenomic infrastructure as driver for research and industrial innovation” will develop a sustainable metagenomics infrastructure to enhance research and industrial innovation within the marine domain.
This will be achieved by:
- Development and implementation of selected standards for the marine domain
- Development and implementation of databases specific to marine metagenomics
- Evaluation and implementation of tools and pipelines for metagenomics analyses
- Development of a search engine for interrogation of marine metagenomics datasets and
- Establishment of training workshops for end users